Overnight sleep studies require an overnight stay at Sleep Solutions of Mississippi. The clinic is designed with your comfort in mind.
During the study, our certified sleep lab techinicans will monitor and measure your sleep stages, breathing, snoring, heart rhythm, oxygen level, and degree of movements or restlessness. You will be able to get up and go to the restroom as needed and your technologist will be available throughout the night to monitor your sleep patterns and assist you at any time.
Do’s and Don’ts the Day of Your Sleep Study
- Don’t drink caffeinated beverages or energy drinks in the afternoon before your study
- Don’t drink alcoholic beverages before your study
- Don’t take naps
- Do limit the use of hair products
- Do eat your dinner before reporting for your study
Things to Bring to Your Sleep Study
- Your pillow from home (optional)
- Your daily medications
- Toiletry items
- Pajamas/Change of Clothes (optional)
What happens after my sleep study?
After your sleep study is complete, the data will be reviewed and scored by a sleep technologist. After being scored, a report will be sent to your referring physician who will use the results to give a diagnosis and recommend treatment.
Patient Forms :